Tuesday, 23 August 2011

Children's Cupcake Parties

I recently did my first children's cupcake party in Colerne, Near Chippenham and it was so much fun.
All the children (9 in total) really enjoyed it. They all got stuck in and made some really yummy cakes with lots of pretty decorations on them which they made themselves.


To start with I showed them how to colour the fondant icing ready to make the decorations and then I let them get creative and gave them some time to make what they wanted using lots of cutters.


The next step was to pass round the buttercream and squeeze some into a bowl so we could then add a flavour and a colour to it.


Once the buttercream was ready it was time to prepare the icing bag by cutting the bottom off it and adding a icing nozzle. Then it's the messy part.....putting the buttercream in the icing bag.


It was then time to start decorating the pre-baked cupcakes which I had previously made and finally decorate them.


Each child got to take 2 large and 2 bitesize cupcakes home in a gift box.
For this party I also did party bags which included;
  • cupcake cases
  • a nozzle and a
  • cutter










The party lasted for 1 1/2 hours and then it was time for me to tidy up.

If you would like more information on children's cupcake parties please visit my website where you can contact me. http://www.scrumptiousdelights.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment